Friday 27 March 2015

A calm phase

Last two months seemed to go very slow with respect to any progress in the project. I hardly put much efforts to plan any new things or even the regular activities in the project due to the increasing pressure of academic requirements. Sometimes I couldn't even go to attend the class and was planned and handled entirely by the teacher.

It was satisfying to observe that children and the teacher planned new activities themselves and did it with the same level of enthusiasm as before. Some of my friends also visited the centre and took songs and other toy activities. I realised that I need not be the sole person to decide on the contents of the class. I am responsible more in structuring these activities into proper learning experiences by taking them in a certain manner, which requires a lot of thought and planning. It seems it cannot happen on its own. I was unable to do it and apparently there was no progress about this in the class.

The next steps are to be thoroughly in this direction. I lot of components such as artificial currency, tasks distribution among children had been discarded which I plan to start again with certain changes in them. I am still not sure how would the academic learning will start to take place among the children and what role the teacher will play in it. I think now its time to thoroughly work on the core part of the project i.e. the pedagogy.
Children's summer vacations are soon starting and many of them would be going to their villages they said. I haven't yet decided whether to add more children or not. So, many things are to be planned in coming days.


Some more creativity

No comments:

Post a Comment