Monday 22 September 2014

Starting...

There's a bit of satisfaction that things have started moving and moving quite speedily, but also an uncertainty and insecurity of how things will progress further. I am happy that finally I own a center and have named it as ‘Vigyan Khel Ghar’ or ‘Science Toy House’ and run it independently for the children and also getting quite a good response as a start and something new for the children. But have a lot of things that needs to set in place to gain stability and regularity of students which is one of the biggest challenges and I don't know how I am going to do it. 

At this point I feel the need to think at various levels and bring all of my skills into action. At the larger level, I find a need to build a rapport with not only the children but the parents as well in order to generate a credibility of the project. Things such as fees, timings, etc. have to be fixed that suits them. More important at the classroom level, I need to keep up the enthusiastic environment keeping up the learning that I intent to generate. I am yet to fully develop my classroom management skills. I also need to go into the deeper pedagogic aspects of the method as well which is the main focus presently for my project. 

I am happy that I have youths around me from the community as well as my institute who are equally interested in this initiative and ready to help me and provide constant feedback and suggestions on what I am doing. Here I remember the Doctoral Degree of Kindness I received from my earlier program director and coach Leslie which stated that now I am expert in finding kind people around. I am happy that it actually worked and am thankful to her for that.

Some Clicks
Vigyan Khel Ghar (Science Toy House)

The toys from trash













Ready to fly the paper helicopter
Flying the balloon rocket
Smiles from toys



No comments:

Post a Comment